KPIs and Maintenance Statistics enable you to perform detailed cost analysis on your Maintenance Assets and related Work Order Plans and Work Orders.
Consumption registrations have been posted on Work Orders. Downtime registrations have been created on Assets.
Maintenance Manager, Financial Controller / Bookkeeper
In EAM-BC, the following metrics are used to get an overview of costs and maintenance registrations on Assets:
- Posted Work Order Costs on items, resources, and expenses
- Posted number of Work Orders
- Posted number of work hours on Work Orders
- Number of Failure Registrations on Assets
- Number of Downtime Registrations on Assets
- Downtime Duration on Assets
- Number of Requests created and closed (data only available if you use the Maintenance Requests module)
Costs shown in Maintenance KPI statistics are shown in the currency selected in the General Ledger Setup in D365BC.
You can access Maintenance KPIs from the Assets Tree, or from the Assets list and Asset Card:
- On your role center, select Assets Tree > select the Asset > History > Asset Statistics or Asset and Children Statistics.
- On your role center, select an Asset List, then select an Asset. On the Asset List or Asset Card select History > Asset Statistics or Asset and Children Statistics.
Below are two screenshots to show all available data on the Asset Statistics screen, using Asset "A000175" as an example.
All lines showing numbers in green text are links that you can select to get more detailed information, for example, Work Order Ledger Entries, Posted Work Orders, and Posted Work Order Failures. The data available depend on the link you select.
On the Asset Statistics screen > Maintenance Costs FastTab,
- costs are divided in Corrective, Preventive, and Total Costs.
- select a link in a field to open Work Order Ledger Entries to see related details.
On the Asset Statistics screen > Maintenance Statistics FastTab,
- number of posted Work Orders - divided in Corrective and Preventive - is shown, and you can open Posted Work Orders by selecting a link.
- number of posted work hours - divided in Corrective and Preventive - is shown, and you can open Work Order Ledger Entries by selecting a link.
- number of Failure Registrations, Downtime Registrations, and Downtime Duration are shown, with links to detail screens.
On the Asset Statistics screen > Requests FastTab,
- number of created and closed Maintenance Requests are shown, with links to detail screens.
Note: The count regarding Downtime Duration is only shown on the Asset Statistics screen. That data is not available on the Asset Extended Statistics screen (showing Assets and Children).
The definition of period and year in your company is set up in Accounting Periods in D365BC. For example, This Period could be the current month, and Year could refer to the calendar year if you company defines January 1 to December 31 as the fiscal year.
Refer to Microsoft documentation to learn more about Accounting Periods and Fiscal Years in D365BC.
Screen-01: Asset Statistics > Maintenance Costs FastTab
Screen-02: Asset Statistics > Maintenance Statistics and Requests FastTabs
From a Work Order Plan, you can open a Work Order Plan Statistics overview (similar to Asset Extended Statistics shown in the screenshot above).
- On your role center, select Work Orders > Work Order Plans.
- Open a Work Order Plan from the list.
- On the Work Order Plan Card, select History > Statistics.
The Maintenance KPIs described in the article above allow you to analyze data regarding Posted Work Orders, Failure Registrations, Downtime Registrations, and Requests.
Using Maintenance Statistics, you can get more detailed views - for further data analysis - regarding
- Asset Categories
- Asset Locations
- Work Order Categories
For each of the four entities listed above, you can analyze data from three perspectives:
- Maintenance Costs (posted maintenance costs)
- Maintenance Time (posted work hours)
- Posted Work Orders (number of posted Work Orders)
Refer to screenshot "Screen-01 Maintenance Statistics screen..." below for an overview.
The Maintenance Statistics screen uses a standard layout from D365BC. For example, you will find a similar "Item Statistics" screen in D365BC when you open an Item Card and select Related > Availability > Statistics > Statistics.
To work with Maintenance Statistics:
- Select Reports > Maintenance Statistics on your role center, or search for and select Maintenance Statistics.
- On the Maintenance Statistics screen, make your selections on the General and Options FastTabs, depending on which data you want to analyze.
- Select the Show Matrix button to view the results of your statistics setup on the View - Maintenance Statistics screen.
- Select a link on the View - Maintenance Statistics screen to see detailed data in Work Order Ledger Entries.
- In Work Order Ledger Entries, you can view details of a Resource entry line or Item entry line by selecting the line and Process > Connected Ledger Entry. You can also view dimensions for an entry line and generate other Work Order related reports.
- To view details regarding an Expense entry line, select the line and Related > Expense Ledger Entries.
Screenshots "Screen-02...", "Screen-03...", and "Screen-04..." below show an example of a statistics setup, to view maintenance costs related to Asset Location "H1.MH" for a 30-day period:
- The screenshot "Screen-02: Example - Asset Location - H1.MH" shows the setup on the Maintenance Statistics screen.
- When the Show Matrix button is selected, the View - Maintenance Statistics screen shows the results ("Screen-03: Example - Asset Location - H1.MH").
- For further data analysis, select a link on the View - Maintenance Statistics screen to open Work Order Ledger Entries ("Screen-04: Example - Asset Location - H1.MH").
There are many combinations for setting up data on the Maintenance Statistics screen. Consider the following:
- The filters available on the General FastTab depend on you selection in the Show as Lines field.
- On the Options FastTab > the Column Set field cannot be edited. This field is part of standard D365BC functionality, and it relates to the Date Filter on the General FastTab. You can add another date range in the Date Filter field, but the Column Set field contains predefined limitations for the length of a period (Day - Week - Month and so on), which you cannot change.
- On the Options FastTab > the Show Maintenance field, you can select which maintentance data to include in the statistics overview (All - Preventive - Corrective).
- On the Options FastTab > the Show Line Type field, you can select which registration types to include in the statistics overview (All - Resources - Items - Expenses).
Screen-01: Maintenance Statistics screen with the primary options for setup expanded
Screen-02: Example - Asset Location - H1.MH
Screen-03: Example - Asset Location - H1.MH
Screen-04: Example - Asset Location - H1.MH
Auditors use journal registers for auditing purposes. In EAM-BC, journal registers are recorded for
- Work Orders
In the registers, one entry equals one journal. One journal may include several registration lines.
To view Work Order Registers:
- Press Alt+Q on your keyboard to open the search field and enter 'work order reg'
- Select the Work Order Registers link to view a list of Work Order entries.
To view Counter Registers:
- Press Alt+Q on your keyboard to open the search field and enter 'counter reg'
- Select the Counter Registers link to view a list of Counter entries.
To view Measurement Registers:
- Press Alt+Q on your keyboard to open the search field and enter 'measurement reg'
- Select the Measurement Registers link to view a list of Measurement entries.