Two predefined lists are included in Work orders, but you can create your own lists as you require.
Setup for work orders is completed on the Mobile Client.
Maintenance Manager, Technician
The Work order lists screen is your start page on the Mobile Client. Two predefined lists are shown:
- Work scheduled to me (this list shows the work order jobs/lines that are scheduled to you, and they are available online and offline).
- Downloaded work (this list shows all work order jobs/lines that are available to you online and offline).
The number of work order jobs/lines in a list is shown in the gray box.
Work order lists overview.
Create your own work order lists to see only the work orders that are relevant for you or certain user groups.
The setup for creating lists is mainly done and maintained from the mobile client described in the steps below. Deciding who has access to certain lists is specified in the article below Assign Lists to Users.
- On the Work order lists screen, select the 'More' button and Create list.
- On the Create list screen, you see a list of parameters that you can use to define your list. Make one or more selections in the list.
- Note, the "Active" parameter is automatically set to "Yes", but you can change it as you require. When "Active" = "Yes" it means that the list you're creating only shows active work orders.
- Select the details for your list, and select Apply.
- Note, if you see an All/Clear toggle button in the upper-right corner of the screen, you can select All, if you want to select all options shown on the screen. Select Clear if you want to remove the selections.
- If required, repeat steps 2-3 to add more details to your list.
- When you've made your selections, enter a name for the list in the List name field, and select Save changes.
- Note, the list you are creating is only visible to you. If you want your coworkers to have access to it, see the documentation below for Assign Lists to Users.
- When you return to the Work order lists screen, you can see that the list has been added.
Example: The screenshots below create a list that shows the work orders scheduled for a colleague.
Editing and Deleting Lists
If you want to edit a list that you created: Select the list. Then select the 'More' button and Edit list. Make your changes, and save the list.
You can't edit predefined lists, but you can select a predefined list, then select the 'More' button and View list, if you want to see the parameters selected for that list.
From the Work order lists screen, you can delete a list that you created: Select the 'More' button and Edit. Then select the list, and select the delete button in the upper-right corner of the screen. You can't delete predefined lists.
Limit Results from Lists to Functional Location
It is possible to limit results shown on lists to functional locations that are assigned to maintenance workers.
Go to Setup > Mobile Parameters and toggle the button 'Query functional location limitation' to limit results shown on lists to functional location.
To assign workers to functional locations, go to:
- Asset Management > Setup > Workers > Workers.
- Pick a worker from the list on the left.
- On the Functional locations tab, add a line to assign a functional location.
If the assigned functional location has children, these are also assigned.
Create list: Work order scheduled for one worker.
Create list: select the worker.
Create list: give the list a name, and add any additional parameters before clicking 'Create list'.
Assign lists to other users or user groups by going to:
- Inquiries > Saved search list.
- On the left, you can see an overview of all lists created in the mobile client by various users filtered by Area (such as Asset/Object or Work order), Description, and Type (Predefined or User defined).
- When a list is created in the mobile client, it is automatically set to User defined. The type Predefined is used when giving access to multiple users.
- Click on a list and go to the 'Query' tab, set the Type to Predefined which allows access for the Users or User groups you want to give access to.
- Go to the 'User relations' tab to specify which Mobile user or User group should have access to it when logged in to the mobile client. Click the Prefetch button if you want the list to be automatically downloaded and available for offline use.
- Click Save to save the list.
- If you need to create a New list, you also have the possibility to do so here by going to 'New' and follow the steps above and in the article Create a Work Order List.
Overview of Predefined and User defined lists.
On the Work order lists screen or in a list (predefined and user-defined lists), you can start a search by selecting the 'More' button and Search.
You can search for:
- Work order ID
- Work order type name
- Job type ID
- Work order description
- Functional location name
- Functional location ID
When you make a search on the Work order lists screen, you search in all active work orders. When you make a search in a list, you only search the contents of that list.
- On the Work order lists screen, or in a list, select the search icon. Enter a search string in the search field, or search by scanning a QR code or barcode. (See the article below for further explanation of searching using QR codes and barcodes).
- Search by scanning a QR code or barcode:
- Select the icon to the top right.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to scan a QR code.
- Search by entering a search string in the search field:
- Your search string may contain the entire ID or name, the middle of an ID or name, or part of the ID or name. Search works both in online and offline mode. Offline mode means searching the data available on your mobile device at the time of the search.
Example 1: If you enter 08* in the search field, the result is a list of work order IDs that start with the number 08.
Example 2: If you enter *3* in the search field, the result is a list of work order IDs that contain the number 3.
If you select a search result to go to a work order or work order job/line, the search string is reset.
Select or to cancel a search. The search string is deleted when you return to the Work order lists screen.
If you are using barcodes or QR codes to tag your assets/objects, locations, and items, you can use the QR code scanner and barcode scanner when searching in the app.
In the Work order lists overview, and within each work order list, you can search using a QR code or a barcode. We support the most widely used QR codes and barcodes.
- Click the search icon in the top right corner.
- Click the icon to the right to start scanning a QR code or barcode.
- The stored text from the QR code or barcode is passed to the standard search input and the search is performed.
- If you want to change the camera, go to the 'Stop Scanning button' and then go to step 2 as described above.
Start scanning using the icon to the top right.