This section describes the steps you need to complete before, during, and after installation of the Dynaway Lockout Tagout app.
You have installed Dynaway EAM and Safe Work. If you have Business Central Essential or Premium license, you can use Power Apps, without an additional Power Apps license. If there are Business Central Team Members in your organization, they need additional Power Apps licenses like Power Apps Premium, Power Apps per app plan, or Power Apps per app meter plan to use Dynaway Lockout Tagout app.
Before installing the app, you have to set up Dataverse Connection from your production company to have access to its data from Power App. It's required to set up Dataverse Connection and Business Central Virtual Tables to make sure the app can be installed properly.
- Open your Business Central company that you want to be connected to the app.
- In Tell Me, look for Dataverse Connection Setup and select it.
- On the Dataverse Connection Setup page, check Enable Data Synchronization and Enable Virtual Tables and Events.
- On the Dataverse Connection Setup page in Tell Me, look for Virtual Tables Config and select it.
- A pop-up window will appear with information about Virtual Table Configuration like Target Host, Environment Name and Default Company.
- If you don't have Default Company set up, or it's not the company you want to be the default one, select Open in Dataverse.
- A new tab in your browser will be opened with Power Apps header where you can change the Default Company by looking for it and selecting it, then select Save & Close to close the tab. Then go back to your Business Central tab.
- Close the Virtual Table Configuration pop-up.
- On the Dataverse Connection Setup page in Tell Me, look for Test Connection to check if the connection is working properly.
Your Business Central connection with Dataverse is now set up.
Go to the Dataverse Connection Setup.
Enable Virtual Tables and Events.
Select Virtual Tables Config.
Virtual Table Configuration.
Default Company setup.
Select Test Connection.
Connection test result.
In order to use the app, you have to set up Business Central Virtual Tables in Power Platform so the needed tables are visible for the app.
- In Business Central, select App Launcher and then Power Apps, which opens a new tab.
- From the left pane select Tables.
- On the Tables page, select All from the filters, then look for Business Central in the top right corner and select Available Business Central Table.
- On the Available Business Central Table in the Available Business Central Table columns and data section, check the following tables as Visible:
- You can go back to the Power Apps main page.
Now, the tables that are needed for the app to run are visible to it.
App Launcher in the Business Central.
Side pane with the apps.
Power Apps main page.
Available Business Central Tables.
Select tables which should be visible in the app.
You can install the app directly from App Source.
- Go to Microsoft App Source.
- Search for Dynaway Lockout Tagout and select it.
- On the app page, select Get it now.
- Sign in with your Business Central account credentials if you're not already signed in.
- You will be taken to your Power Platform admin center to select the environment where the app should be installed.
- Read and agree to Microsoft Legal Terms and Privacy Statement, and select Install.
The app should be successfully installed, you will find it in the Apps section in your Power Apps Maker Portal.
Look for Dynaway Lockout Tagout app.
Select Get it now.
Sign in to AppSource.
Confirm your details after signing in.
Select the environment where the app should be installed.
Install the app.
Dynaway Lockout Tagout available in Apps section.
You can easily share the app with employees in your organization.
- Go to the Power Apps home page, select the 3 dots next to the name of the app and select Share.
- On the right side, a new pane opens where you can look for the employee in your organization to share the app with.
- After selecting the employee, you can define the permissions and select if the employee should be a co-owner of the app. To assign the data permissions for the user, select the dropdown in the Data permissions section.
- Minimal permissions that allow users to fully use the app are:
- Environment Maker
- Service Write
- You can always add more permissions to the user via this sharing-the-app process, but if you would like to void some of the permissions, you have to do this via environment settings. You can find more about permissions in Power Platform in this article.
The app is now ready to use by the employees you shared it with.
Power Apps home page.
Share the app.
Select if the user should be a co-owner.
Assign data permissions to the user.
Minimal permissions to use the app.
The Dynaway Lockout Tagout app is made for use on tablets. You have to install a Power Apps app on your device to use the Lockout Tagout app.
- Go to Google Play (on Android devices) or App Store (on iOS devices) and look for Power Apps.
- Select the Power Apps app and install it.
- Open the app and log in with your Azure Active Directory credentials.
- If the Dynaway Lockout Tagout app has been shared with you, you should see it on the Home or All apps card. Select the app and you're ready to use it.
Now you can use the Dynaway Lockout Tagout app on your tablet.
Look for Power Apps in Google Play or App Store.
Install Power Apps on your device.
Open Power Apps and log in with your credentials.
Start using Dynaway Lockout Tagout on your device.