This feature allows to change object type for one or more objects selected in the grid on the objects page.
Change the object type by going to:
- Enterprise Asset Management > Common > Objects > All Objects and select the object(s) which type you want to change.
- Go to General > Object details > Change object type and choose the new object type from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK to save your changes.
After saving your changes, the following is validated:
- The current stage of the selected object must be included in the stage group of the new object type.
Information is shown if:
- Default criticality is changed.
- Default priority is changed.
- Maintenance sequences or rounds set up on Functional location will no longer include the object.
- New maintenance sequences or rounds set up on Functional location will include the object
A warning is shown if:
- There is a mismatch between the object type on the model and the new object type.
- There are job types on maintenance sequences associated with the object where the job type is no longer applicable.
- There are related requests with a job type that is no longer applicable.
Any additional specifications set up on the new object types will be automatically added to the object. The object timeline will include an entry denoting the change of object type.