Downtime registrations can be used to create Work Orders, and you can attach a registration to a Work Order Plan.
Downtime registrations have been created.
Maintenance Manager, Technician
You can create a Work Order from a Downtime Registration.
On your Role Center, select Assets Tree (opens Assets Tree) or Assets (opens Asset List).
- Select the Asset you created a Downtime Registration for.
- Select Process > Downtime Entries.
- Select the Entry No. of the Downtime registration you want to work with.
- On the Downtime Entry Card, select Create Work Order.
- You will create a one-off Work Order. Refer to the Create a Follow-up Work Order article for a description on how to create the Work Order.
- On the Work Order, select the Show more link to see all fields. Notice that the Downtime Registration code is shown in the Downtime Entry No. field.
You can delete a reference to a Downtime Registration on a Work Order if, for example, it turns out that a shutdown is not required on the Asset to work on the maintenance job. When the Work Order is in edit mode, delete the reference in the Downtime Entry No. field if the Downtime Registration is not required. On the Downtime Entry Card > Related Work section, the line showing the Work Order will then update the Status field to "Plan Cancelled".
Downtime Entry No. field on Work Order Card
Status field on Downtime Entry Card
You can attach a Downtime Registration to a released Work Order Plan.
- On the Downtime Entry Card, select Attach to Work Order Plan.
- The pop-up window is almost the same as when you create a Work Order from a Downtime registration, but the Work Order Plan No. field is added. Select a Work Order Plan in the Work Order Plan No. field.
- The Instructions, Category Code, and Priority Code fields are automatically updated.
- If required, you can change the Work Order Date.
- Select Yes to save and create a new Work Order related to the selected Work Order Plan.
- If an open Work Order already exists on the Work Order Plan, you are asked if you want to attach the Downtime registration to the existing Work Order. If you select No, you're asked if you want to add a new one-off frequency line to the Work Order Plan.