This section contains the basic configuration required in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations on-premise > Dynaway mobile to let users connect to and work with the Mobile Client.
To complete installation by following this procedure, you must be familiar with Microsoft Lifecycle Services (LCS) and the administration of Microsoft Dynamics® 365 for Finance and Operations environments.
In addition, you must work in Microsoft Dynamics 365 on-premise deployment and Microsoft ® Windows Server 2019 ® SQL Server ®
Before you can set up an environment with Dynaway Mobile for Asset Management (AM), your company must have access to the following:
- Microsoft® Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS) project for Microsoft Dynamics® 365 for Finance and Operations
- Dynaway Mobile for Asset Management license file
Sysadmin, Partner Consultant
The Dynaway mobile solution is hosted on a local server as a web app and uses Active Directory Federation Services for application and user authentication. Below you see an example of a typical setup. Arrows indicate the direction of connection initialization.
We've tested and verified that the Mobile Client supports the following browser versions on the operating systems listed above:
We recommend using the latest supported version available. Confirm our compatibility before upgrading to newer browser versions and mobile devices.
Installation package contents
You must set up security roles in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations for administrators or managers to work with setup in the Dynaway mobile module and for workers to access the Mobile Client.
CAL level in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Dynaway Mobile administrator
This role has access to the Dynaway mobile module in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. Here, the user can set up and change the configuration of the Mobile Clients. This includes setting up the functionality available on the Mobile Client and setting up the users who should be able to log in on the Mobile Client.
Dynaway mobile data manager
Load setup data from data entities for data migration.
Dynaway Mobile user
This role is required to log in and make registrations on the Mobile Client.
Deploy Dynaway Solution (models) on Dynamics 10.0.31 version and above:
Deploy Dynaway models and the license via the LCS manual:
a) Download the Dynaway deployable package from the LCS to your local drive.
b) Add the license file to /scripts/License/ directory.
c) Upload the Deployable package to LCS
Asset Library -> Software Deployable -> Add the package
d) Update the environment via LCS.
Create IIS Server in the on-prem infrastructure.
The on-premises infrastructure must include an additional Virtual Machine for IIS Server - Internet Information Services Server, where the Dynaway Mobile client will be set up and deployed.
The IIS must be added to the server in the same domain and connected (has access) with other VMs: AOS, Service Fabric, Orchestrator and SQL Server.
Set the Internet Information Services Server (IIS Virtual Machine).
1. Install all roles and features related to the PREREQUISITE
2. Open IIS manager
3. Create a new Website name: dynawaytest
Give it a new port number, like 81 and select the IP number
4. Create two new directories on the local drive: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\
6. Create 2 applications under the new Website in IIS:
7. Add website access to the content folder:
In IIS -> Select "dynawaytest" website and go to Directory Browsing -> Enable)
Download Dynaway mobile app and deploy it in IIS.
1. Go to LCS -> Your project -> Menu -> Asset Library -> Solution package and download the "Dynaway Advanced asset management" package. You must download the release note to get the package with the Dynaway mobile files. Screenshot below (Step 4-1)
2. Open the downloaded zip folder, find "Dynaway+_Work_Execution_v2304.1.3.zip" and "Dynaway_Mobile_Planning_2304.1.2-msam-onpremise.zip"
3. Paste the ZIP files to the IIS Server local drive
4. Open IIS, select "dynawaytest" Website -> Deploy -> Import Application, select the zip file and provide all values (as in step below -> setting web.config file)
Setting web.config files for "Work Execution" and "Planning Board" applications:
The web configuration file (web.config inside of Dynaway webapp packages) manages the connection traffic.
By managing string values, you can connect the on-prem Dynamics 365 environment with Dynaway Work Execution and Planning Board apps.
You need to gather all of the values before the IIS Import process. You can skip IIS -> Deploy -> Import process and change values manually.
1. Ax7ClientId is D365 test environment URL: https://testenvironment.d365f&o.company.com/
2. AD App Registration
Open the AD FS console, go to D365 NativeApp and copy the value (screenshot 7)
For the on-prem instance probably, it will be "adfs"
To get the value go to:
Find the file "AXSF.Package.1.0"
Find the value "AADValidAudience" inside the file and use it during the webapp deployment.
5. AADValidAudience can be taken from the "AADValidAudience" file also, for example: "https://testenvironment.d365f&o.company.com/"
For Dynaway Asset Management = "true"
For Dynaway Enterprise Asset Management = "false"
7. Ax7StorageAccountName and ax7StorageAccountKey
Furthermore, the settings for 'ax7StorageAccountName' and 'ax7StorageAccountKey' should be blank on an on-premise installation because files are not stored in an Azure Blob store. As stated above, the result is a limitation regarding the size of files, which can be sent to and from Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, of 18-20 MB per file.
Go to ADFS Server and add the environment URL and webapp for the correct Client ID.
Add fully qualified server IIS server name to ADFS trusted
ADFS -> Application Groups -> MSFT Dynamics 365 Operations On-premises -> Native application -> Double click/Edit
Keep "/" at the end of plan string.
Each website's DNS/IP should correspond to a different environment
Set Dynamics 365 with Dynaway mobile Work Execution and Planning Board app:
Go to Dynamics 365 -> Menu -> Modules:
1. Dynaway mobile -> Setup -> Mobile parameters -> Change tracking should be enabled.
2. Dynaway mobile -> Setup -> Module configuration -> Application locations
a) Add direct URL to Planning Board, for example, http://10.254.14.58:81/dynawaytest/plan/
b) Add direct URL to Work execution, for example, http://10.254.14.58:81/dynawaytest/work/
3. Dynaway mobile -> Setup -> Module configuration -> Application locations -> Planning Board -> Enabled
Scope = All, Parameter value = true
4. Dynaway mobile -> Setup -> Handler setup and close it
5. Dynaway mobile -> Setup -> Entity setup Select all of the entities and click Enable
6. Dynaway mobile -> Periodic -> Entity initialization
Run the batch job
Set user account:
1. Go to Modules -> Human resources -> Workers -> Employees and hire worker
2. Go to System Administration -> Users -> User Ensure your account is set with a person (worker).
Verify user account:
a) Make sure the user account has a default company set
b) Add Dynaway Mobile user role
c) Add Maintenance role
d) Add Maintenance mobile user role.
e) D365 system user role
3. Go to Modules -> Asset management -> Setup -> Workers -> Workers and add worker
4. Go to Modules -> Dynaway mobile -> Setup -> Users add worker, select enable, save.
The final step:
Open the Dynaway mobile URL, log in and test the webapp: